The options open to persons who want to undergo a drug and alcohol test are to go to a testing center or to get drug test kits. The increase in the drug problem worldwide has led to a corresponding increase in drug testing as a way to avoid having to deal with the problem at home, in school or at work. Because drug testing is not easy, physically or psychologically, ways and means to make drug testing more convenient and acceptable is a major project for researchers, doctors and businessmen. This has led to the development of drug test kits which make it possible to do a drug and alcohol test in a do-it-yourself manner. The procedure for drug tests is established, regardless of where or how one wants to take the test and drug test kits operate according to these procedures.
The more common uses of drug test kits are:
- Drug screening of employees prior to employment, or on a random basis in the course of employment;
- Preparation of job applicants for pre-employment drug testing;
- Standard monitoring in drug rehabilitation centers and halfway homes;
- School drug testing for standard and extraordinary cases;
- Athletic standard compliance by school teams;
- Periodic testing of office and factory workers for safety and legal regulatory compliance;
- Traffic enforcement in DUI situations;
- Compliance with insurance requirements;
- Routine medical examinations;
- Military and police personnel requirements.
A number of drug test kits are readily available for a drug and alcohol test at pharmacies or over the internet. There are drug test kits for a saliva test, hair drug test, urine drug test and sweat drug test. The kits contain all the things that are needed to conduct the test and complete instructions on how to administer them.
Saliva drug test kits make it easy to detect the presence of prohibited substances in saliva by simply collecting a sufficient sample of saliva and inserting it into an analyzer. In a matter of minutes, the results are displayed.
A hair follicle drug test kit analyzes strands of hair from a person in an easy, non-intrusive way. It has the advantage of detecting drug usage for as long as 3 months prior to the administration of the test.
The urine drug test kits follow the process of the most commonly used drug and alcohol test. A urine sample is taken from a person in a cup which contains the chemicals used to analyze the sample. In minutes, the cup, equipped with a special top will display the results of the test in a graphic, easy-to-understand way.
All these tests may be conducted in the privacy of a person’s home, in the best traditions of the DIY process.